I spent Day 2 about 350 miles away from my RPi, having to go to a convention for my day job. Days 3 and 4 were wrapped around trying to get the Debian kernel to find the uvcvideo module. On a whim, I went ahead and tried the ArchLinux build and low and behold, uvcvideo was cooked in. I moved my scripts over from the Sheevaplug that I was prototyping on and got to work.
Things that I have installed that worked without issue:
* motion - gets 6 GPS with movement processing
* uvcvideo - Mounted my 4 USB cameras without an issue
Things that partially worked:
* audio - The mp3 player I was using, mplayer, is panicking the kernel due to issues with the kernel that are in process of being resolved. TBE worked much better, but has a weird problem that the process hangs for a few seconds after the stream ends.